• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar Notifications or lack thereof

PittCaleb

Nov 6, 2009
I posted this in a different forum sub-section by accident, hoping my Droid friends can help me out:

One of my pet peeves would be the notifications of calendar events. The droid sounds the notification ringtone once this is quiet. I would like it to sound as a true alarm, ringing until disabled. Does anyone know a way to gain this functionality. I use tthe calendar for important events and need to be reminded better according to my popup settings.

You could have google send you an email for the event, you could set the alarm to repeat on the same day at different time intervals.

There is also an app that I use called RemindMe that is a smaller reminder app. Very basic, but it allows you to pick a day and a time, add a note and be bothered at intervals to your heart's content once the alarm has gone off. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones