1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Calendar Notifications?Support

1. dblankenburg

dblankenburg Member

Maybe I missed this when searching but:

Is there a way to set a tone for alarms on the Calendar? I don't see a setting anywhere to choose the tone, only a choice about whether you want an alarm when you create an appointment on the phone.

Thanks,
    Dave

Advertisement
    :
  2. dr.pepper1

dr.pepper1 Well-Known Member

Alarms in the calendar use the notification ringtone. So from the home screen, click menu>settings>sound & display>notification ringtone. The one thing that has bugged me about calendar alarms is that they only go off once. So if I don't hear it the first time, I might miss an alarm and won't notice it until I turn my phone on. On my old phone, I could set the alarm to repeat (for a minute or two) until I turned it off.
  3. dug13

dug13 Member

I agree with the above post. We need somethings that will keep reminding you you missed the appt. untill u check it or at least be able to set how many and for how long it will notify.

Missed call does noy support calander notifications well.you have to turn off cal. notifications I think.
    Anybody have a solution? plz post
    thx Dug13
  4. Sarge395

Sarge395 Member

Agree with dug13. Changed from a palm treo pro to the Moment, and now the Epic. REALLY miss that option. Epic has a notification light but I need an annoying reminder till I say shutup that I missed a message or a call. Come on make it happen. I will even pay for it as well as others will too.
    amberoseinjune likes this.
  5. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

My calender tried to remind me of something today. This is for something that I entered on the phone itself. It beeped once, and when I checked the phone, it didn't have any kind of visual clue as to what the beep was for. That's why I use the text message reminder in Google calenders. At least when you get a text, it's in the notification bar, along with the tile or the reminder.
  6. rsbenedict

rsbenedict Well-Known Member

Yes, I use the text messaging portion of gCalendar and then missed call will keep reminding you about an unread text message. Works well for me.
  7. mbeckerlindsey

mbeckerlindsey New Member

I will consider the Google-text messaging solution to the Epic's lack of repeated calendar reminders, but I want to chime in that this is a VERY ANNOYING shortcoming of this phone. The "old" Palm devices (before Pre) provided repeated reminders (audio and visual) until you "manually" dismissed the snooze alarm feature. I am baffled that Samsung did not think this feature was valuable.
    amberoseinjune and bls like this.
  8. rsbenedict

rsbenedict Well-Known Member

I use the text messaging aspect from google as a way to remind me. It has nothing to do with the phone I'm using. I've had this setup long before the epic. As I use multiple devices to keep track of my calendar, using google calendar only made sense and this way I can add to my calendar from my laptop, from another computer, from my ipod, ipad, or my current phone of choice. It would be really annoying to set up calendars for all of these devices and to have them all go off at once. Consolidating it on gcal and having gcal take care of notifications was a simple and obvious solution for me.
  9. how do I get the calendar to as default use my google calendar not the one on the phone - every time I have to change it and sometimes I forget and I only have it set to show the google ones so I dont see them

stupid
  10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You're looking for advice/support rather than offering a Tip or Trick, so I moved this thread to the Support and Troubleshooting area for you. ;)
  11. AngrySyko

AngrySyko Member

I need some kind of calendar notification besides SMS because most of the time when I'm at work I do not get a cell phone signal. I've synched my work Outlook calendar with Google calendars but the notifications did not seem to carry over to the Epic.

Is there any way to have calendar notifications "pop up" on the Epic (like Windows Mobile) that stays on the screen until it's dismissed?
  12. I would just like to say, yeah! Right on~ What is Google or Samsung or whoever going to do to help??? Right now I have to set alarms through other clumsy apps because Google won't let me set the alarm to go off until I turn it off. My palm was not as good in many areas, but it totally rocked for setting alarms and snoozes and organization! I agree with every single comment on this issue! Right on everybody!