Calendar now showing ALL my FB friends birthdays...Support

Last Updated:

1. .ParanoidAndroid.

.ParanoidAndroid. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Kind of annoying having the little arrow to say there's an event on practically every single day on the HTC Calendar widget.
    This wasn't the case before the other day so I'm assuming it's a 2.2 thing, not sure though.

As far as I can tell there's no way to hide them either, and it was done automatically.
    Just because I have a person on my FB doesn't mean I care so much when their birthday is. It dilutes my calendar and means I can't tell when my actual important things are happening

Any ideas then? And don't say "use another calendar app", I'm otherwise happy with this, it's simple and does what I need of it

Advertisement
  2. Bonce34

Bonce34 Active Member

Go into the calendar app, press Menu, choose More, choose Calendars, deselect Facebook. Done :)

3. .ParanoidAndroid.

.ParanoidAndroid. Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

SO SIMPLE
    Aha I was looking in the settings bit
    Ta!

4. sazza

sazza Member

I have the opposite problem - I want my facebook birthdays on my calendar but don't have an option to select to make this happen. Any thoughts on how I could do this?

5. richcowell

richcowell Well-Known Member

Have you got Facebook for HTC Sense set up in Settings - Accounts & Sync?
    There could be 2 Facebook options to set...

I wish there was a way to hide them from the calendar, but to still get the notifications on the widget for the next day's birthdays...

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

You could try ebobirthday from the market and avoid having them in your calendar all together. It will extract all birthdays, storee in its own database and notify you of them

7. sazza

sazza Member

It's strange - it'll let me create and sync Facebook for HTC Sense but it won't let me create and manage Facebook. It's there but unlike Twitter or Flickr it wont select and let me log in. Frustrating!