Calendar - Online events not appearing on Desire

Last Updated:

1. Case

Case Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys

When I add a new calendar event on my Desire it appears online on my Google calendar.

Any events I add online though, don't appear on my Desire calendar.

Am I missing a sync setting somewhere?

I've checked the calendar settings and the calendar I use online is ticked to show.

EDIT: Also, in Settings > Accounts & Sync the calendar is set to sync.

Advertisement
  2. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are adding it to the right calendar? For instance, I have three choices when I add - My Calendar, PC Sync, and Tim's Calendar (the latter being my Google one). If you add an event to the first two, it will only show up on your Desire and NOT the Google calendar. I guess it's set to default because within minutes of me adding an event, it shows up.

Tim

Case likes this.
  3. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

@Pojken - think Case's problem is the other way round. Entries made on the phone are going through to Google online, but entries made online at Google aren't syncing back to the phone. I thought the same as you when I first read it, but have no idea on this problem.

Case likes this.
  4. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Multiple online calendars? Again, they must be in the right one.

Case likes this.
  5. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Sorry... my pseudo-dyslexia kicked in.

Try this - go to Calendar, hit Menu and go to "More" and select "Calendar". Does your calendar appear there? (Like, mine would show "Tim's Calendar" since that's what I named it on Google.) If not, click Menu and "Add Calendar".

I totally forgot to add one of my calendars and was wondering why the events weren't appearing.

Tim

Case likes this.
  6. Case

Case Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies guys.

Everything was set up right so I tried removing the calendar and re-adding it. That seems to have solved the problem!

Amazing what a little 're-boot style' solution can do.

Little Katie likes this.
  7. Little Katie

Little Katie Member

Thank you thank you thank you! I've been seaching on here for ages and finally found this thread. I've removed and reinstated my calendars and now all the entries are there - woohoo! The only thing I haven't resolved is getting the calendars to be the same colour as they are on my PC. It has 2 of them as the same colour for some reason...

8. ffolliet

ffolliet Member

i've been having various problems with the Desire over the last few days and interestingly ALL have been traced back to the @gmail / @googlemail issue. my first was with Market essentially hanging, the second was with Chat not loading and the third was all my Thursdays being free on the Desire but not online! weird huh!

after a lot of searching it has become clear that the (unnecessary) change seems at the root of my problems. i changed back and then

on THIS issue (calendar) my simple workaround was as follows.

1. ESSENTIAL, go ONLINE and check your calendar. if it is all fine there go to step 2
    2. on phone, go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Calendar storage/clear data and accept the gloom, doom and disaster message- delete the data.
    3. watch as the phone re-synchs

sadly, my Thursdays are all busy again.

I'd be intrigued to know what other applications this change is messing with.

danatoakhill likes this.