Calendar operation change?General

Last Updated:

1. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi--This isn't a big deal--but I recently did a hard reset of my phone and it really cleaned things up and made things run faster (and I got rid of a bunch of apps I never really used.) I did notice that the calendar functions differently now. I used to be able to call up an individual day and see scheduled appointments, then I could swipe left or right on that day to go to the next day or previous day. You still can scroll through time that way in the full month display by swiping up and down but that functionality seems to be gone now for day views.:confused: Anyone else notice that change?

Advertisement
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

The only way I know of to get the left and right scroll in day view is by switching from Event List to Time Grid. To do this go into calendar and hit Menu > Settings > Views > Day Views and pick time grid. For some reason event list won't allow you to view the next day.

3. BoulderAndroidFan

That's it!! Resetting made the calendar default to event list, which I completely forgot about. Thanks for clearing this up for me. I prefer grid view since it resembles my desktop Google calendar view. Glad that this forum is out here....

4. BoulderAndroidFan

Did you see the other thread by the guy who was hoping to find an easy way to call a number that's in a calendar event? That would seem to be a no-brainer--but I couldn't figure out how either. Calendar postings have that sort of contact info and it would be good to access it without having to memorize the number, go back to phone and enter manually. There's not even way to enter or paste a string of numbers that have been copied into the dial field on the Eris phone other than by creating a contact. Unless I'm missing something...

5. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

Sweet! Thanks for the tip on that. Never understood why I couldn't switch days while viewing one day at a time.