Calendar Partial WakeSupport

Last Updated:

1. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been noticing that the Calendar is always at the top of the partial wake usage when I check it in spare parts. As of right now my phone has been unplugged for 3 hours and the calendar has held a 30 minute partial wake lock. The second on the list is the Android system which has only held a 4 minute partial wake lock. Is this normal for the calendar to hold a partial wake lock like this? I heard about the Flickr bug but I do not sync my account with Flickr and never have. I'm not even syncing my calendar with Google currently.

Advertisement
  2. pdykstra

pdykstra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

after charging it up all night, it is still doing this today.. does anybody know if its normal for the calendar to keep the phone in partial wake more than any other application?

3. ArunOnline

ArunOnline Member

I notice the same issue as well. I do not use the Calendar widget, turned off all Calendar services using Advanced Task killer, using ASTRO Tools, and "Running Services" in Settings. However I still see the partialwake time increasing for Calendar and its draining the battery. Not sure how Calendar is running in the background.

4. Zernhelt

Zernhelt New Member

I've had this same problem on my Sprint Hero since I updated it to Android 2.1 back in May. The issue has persisted every time I re-flash the Sprint RUU.

I've found that I can stop the partial wake lock if after I boot up my phone, I start the calendar, and while the app is open, I open a task killer and kill the calendar app. After that it seems like when the calendar syncs it does so without a partial wake lock lasting minutes or hours.

I'm going to flash a custom ROM in a couple days, and hopefully that will solve the problem.

5. ArunOnline

ArunOnline Member

Do you have Flickr account added in your Settings > Accounts? Remove it and that should resolve the issue with Calendar Partial Wake usage.

6. Zernhelt

Zernhelt New Member

I read in another forum about the Desire that just after posting. I'll give it a shot