Calendar q'sSupport

Last Updated:

1. hardrain

hardrain New Member This Topic's Starter

This might be more of and Android related question but I figured it might have to do with the DX launcher so I posted in here. I also searched and didn't find anything.

I want to put a shortcut to the calendar on my home screen. When I press and hold on the home screen, calendar is not available under shortcuts. Seems kinda strange. I prefer the Motorola calendar widget on my home screen which does not open the calendar when touched. I know the android agenda widget will but I don't have that on my home screen, it's on one of the other screens.

If fact, a lot of things that show up in the app folder are not available as shortcuts. What's up wit dat?

Also, how do I turn off email notification when I add someone to my calendar? I turned off notifications for that calendar in google calendar settings via a web browser but notifications are still being sent and I think the phone might be doing it.

Thanks for any help,

-Hardrain

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I downloaded the grid calendar widget and love it. Might not be the solution you're looking for but it made things easier for me.

On a sidenote, and I don't mean to hijack the thread but it is a calendar question, anybody else have issues adding appointments to GCal through the phone? When I do it tries to invite people. I have a calendar for my sister, my wife, and myself. When I add appointments it will SOMETIMES add them as an attendee and send them an invite. It will even do that to me on my own calendar. I think it is an Android 2.x problem because my Eris did it as well after the update to 2.1... Any workarounds?

3. albertdc

albertdc Member

I have the motorola calendar widget on my homescreen, and when I push it, it DOES launch the calendar as you want and would expect. I'm not sure why yours isn't doing it. You could try a long press on it and moving it into the trash, then restart/reboot your phone (don't know if that is necessary, but coming from a blackberry restarts seemed to fix everything!). Then add back the widget from the widget menu and see if that makes it work. If not, sorry - don't know enough about Android, but at least now you know that it SHOULD work the way you are wanting it to...

4. hardrain

hardrain New Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure how/why my post ended up here.

albertdc: I'll give that a shot. Thanks!