Calendar QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. cfountain66

cfountain66 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All
    First I would like to thank all of you for the awesome information you provide on this forum. I learned a ton about my Dinc before it finally arrived. Here is my question: Is there a way to color code your events on the calendar? Or is there an app that does it?
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. buffettgirl

buffettgirl Well-Known Member

If you use Google Calendars you just create separate calendars for each type of event and link them all together, and do it that way - like "red" can be important items "green" doctors visits, "blue" things for your kids etc.

3. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

download Calendar Pad. It integrates with Google and has the same color codes. It also shows text without opening the specific day.

4. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member

All the google calendar colors don't seem to work however. I have tried every color and can only seem to get 5 different ones to show up on my phone when I change them on the website.

5. cfountain66

Thanks for the replies. I better refine my question a bit. I am looking for one calendar to use on my phone (not using home computer at all) that can show different colors for different events. For example, let's say I coded family events green, fire department events red, a sports events blue. I would like to be able to look at the month view and be able to quickly tell what I have going on by the color. If I had two different type of events happening the same day I would like both colors showing for that day. This could help me stay out of trouble if you know what I mean!

6. buffettgirl

ok, then I would say go with calendar pad but first set it up in google. Even if you never are going to use the interface in google - set it up there first. Then use calendar pad and in the month view (and week views) you can see which items for that day are in which category. :) That's how I'm using it as well. I rarely touch the google calendar itself, on my pc, but I did set it up there first.

7. buffettgirl

@robhimself, the main calendar has an issue with displaying google colors properly but the add on applications don't seem to have that problem.

8. cfountain66

Thank you very much buffettgirl!