Calendar reminders as pop-ups rather than messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Aidan Bell

Aidan Bell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I moved into my Streak and signed up with Google only two days ago so am learning and getting used to the whole business of cloud data (which I have to confess at the moment I hate!).
    I keep receiving "messages" from my calendar. Is there a way to set the calendar so that reminders happen as traditional pop-up messages, which can then be ignored or postponed (like calendars I've had in the past), rather than as email-like messages?

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

When you create appts in google online, you can remove the email reminders and modify the "pop up" reminders.

However, in droid phones (at least in my Captivate), the "pop up" reminders show up in your notificaiton bar and not as a traditional popup. Maybe there's an app for that in the Market?

3. Aidan Bell

Aidan Bell Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for that. The thing is I don't intend or expect ever to use the calendar online! But when I create appointments on the Streak I'm given no such option. To be honest I haven't fully tested it yet with creating appointments on the streak, primarily because I am terribly disappointed with the built-in calendar (OK, let me not beat about the bush, I hate it!) and so am looking for another one. The reminders that have been pouring in are all from appointments created on my old phone (Windows Mobile) and imported into Google/Streak.