1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar Reminders?

Last Updated:

1. Buddyjay

Buddyjay Member This Topic's Starter

My old phone had a calendar app that you could set the reminder BEFORE the event (i.e. 5', 10', etc) and then it would keep reminding you every 5 minutes AFTER the event until you picked up the phone and checked it.

To me that kind of reminder is very useful since you could have the phone in another area and not hear the initial reminder. You pick up the phone an hour later and the reminder is still there, physically on the screen and beeping. You can't miss it.

My new phone (Mytouch) will only remind you BEFORE the event. If I miss the reminder, I am out of luck. It doesn't beep anymore. It does nothing else. It will stay on the screen, but that's it. But then you have to physically check the phone all the time.

I'm looking for a reminder that will keep beeping (5' or so) to tell me that there is something there. i.e. Calendar, email, etc.

Advertisement
  2. mpenda

mpenda Member

While there are perhaps other ways, I have my calendar send me SMS reminders. I also use "Missed Call" which will nag you about missed SMS messages (as well as calls, obviously).

I also use Remember The Milk which will keep your "To-Dos" listed until you mark them complete.
    Hope this helps.

3. BWB8771

BWB8771 Active Member

Did you ever find such an app? I ask because that's exactly what I'm searching for as well!

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Take a look at Calendar Snooze
    It is very customizable and you can't ignore it! (it just does calendar reminders though)

Hadron likes this.
  5. BWB8771

BWB8771 Active Member

Sweet! Thanks!

6. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

Calendar Event Reminder will do that, and more.

7. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

Calendar event reminder is awesome.