• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calendar - set to default an alarm for entries?

Hi, just picked-up a Captivate this weekend. Moved from a BB Pearl.

Very pleased with the Captivate - plenty of learning and adjustment to this phone and platform, but enjoying it very much.

Quick question - searched, but didn't see a posting. Is there anyway to set-up Calendar (stock app) such that it will automatically set an alarm for every entry that one enters into the calendar?

Example - I want all of my appointments to have an alarm, but I'm having to set alarms for each appointment I put into the calendar. Is there anyway to set-up Calendar such that it defaults to set an alarm for every appointment (when I set it up and such that I don't have to tick the box each time)?

Thanks,
Frank

From Google Calendar online, you can set default reminders (Settings -> Calendar settings -> Calendars -> Notifications -> Add a reminder).

These default reminders work if you create the event online, but unfortunately not if you create the event from the Calendar app on the Captivate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones