Calendar - set to default an alarm for entries?Support

Last Updated:

1. FrankAtlanta

FrankAtlanta Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, just picked-up a Captivate this weekend. Moved from a BB Pearl.

Very pleased with the Captivate - plenty of learning and adjustment to this phone and platform, but enjoying it very much.

Quick question - searched, but didn't see a posting. Is there anyway to set-up Calendar (stock app) such that it will automatically set an alarm for every entry that one enters into the calendar?

Example - I want all of my appointments to have an alarm, but I'm having to set alarms for each appointment I put into the calendar. Is there anyway to set-up Calendar such that it defaults to set an alarm for every appointment (when I set it up and such that I don't have to tick the box each time)?

Thanks,
    Frank

Advertisement
  2. pdub42

pdub42 New Member

i wonder this as well, very annoying plus if I forget to go down and change it for an appointment i will not be reminded and can miss something very easily, which is happening quite a bit, my last android phone I did not have to do this.

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Not in the default calendar app. You can use an alternative calendar app such as Jorte to get this behavior. It also allows you to change the default calendar from the local (on the phone only) calendar to your Google calendar.

See the Captivate FAQ:

Calendar - CapFAQ

4. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

From Google Calendar online, you can set default reminders (Settings -> Calendar settings -> Calendars -> Notifications -> Add a reminder).

These default reminders work if you create the event online, but unfortunately not if you create the event from the Calendar app on the Captivate.

5. rpgmaker

rpgmaker Active Member

Well, this sucks.