• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar showing 2 events for every holiday after importing holiday calendar file.

chungaroo

Lurker
May 12, 2010
Hi all. I have a question about the calendar sync on my T-Mobile G1 running Donut (1.6). I'm in the USA. I just merged a US Holidays calendar .cal file with my main Google account calendar so that I could see upcoming holidays on my phone. When I went to sync the calendar with my Google account, I saw that two events were created for every holiday. Both were all-day events, but one was red (maroon), and one was blue. I could not edit the blue events. This was in both the default Calendar app and Calendar Pad Pro. I went to Google Calendar on my computer to see what it showed, and it has only one event for every holiday. They are red in color. Unsubscribing from the US Holidays calendar doesn't do anything. Does anyone have a clue about what might have happened? It seems to me that there isn't any easy way to reverse the merging of the two calendars except to purge the events one by one (60 events were imported). Thanks everyone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones