• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Calendar sync problems

Been trying for the last couple of days to get my google calendar to sync with the flytouch calendar.
Searched the forums but to no avail.
My problem is that when I write an event on my PC in my google calendar it appears not to sync with the flytouch. As it doesn't appear on the calendar at all, but appears in the Agenda.
Also Stuff that I entered on the flytouch doesn't appear on the Google calendar.
It used to but I am now on Tim's Rom 5a
So how do I get event to display on my flytouch when they are seen in the Agenda but on marked on the calendar display and how do I sync what I have entered on my Flytouch with the Google calendar in my Gmail account.
Gmail works fine.

Been trying for the last couple of days to get my google calendar to sync with the flytouch calendar.
Searched the forums but to no avail.
My problem is that when I write an event on my PC in my google calendar it appears not to sync with the flytouch. As it doesn't appear on the calendar at all, but appears in the Agenda.
Also Stuff that I entered on the flytouch doesn't appear on the Google calendar.
It used to but I am now on Tim's Rom 5a
So how do I get event to display on my flytouch when they are seen in the Agenda but on marked on the calendar display and how do I sync what I have entered on my Flytouch with the Google calendar in my Gmail account.
Gmail works fine.

Calendar sunc is an issue with 5a, I am not sure if it is an issue in earlier release or just 5a

Upvote 0
The only thing I have seen but haven't tried is to install GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
and GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk . I haven't tried it because I don;t use the calendar.
Been there done that, didn't work. in the end I decided to reroot with 5a again, and try other things, none of them worked. tried logging into Calendar first nope, that didn't work. But what kind of works is create a corporate account (with the same email as the one registered on my pad) rather than a standard google account. Still doesn't sync properly with Calendar in Gmail. And items only seem to appear in the agenda and not on the calendar.
So I think I need to have a think about it, or has someone else found a solution, oh and the tips page for Rom5a says "restoring calendar settings from titanium backup seems to fix the issue" didn't work either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones