Calendar syncSupport

Last Updated:

1. j_preu

j_preu Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have my Packers calendar on my Google calendar but I can't figure out how to sync it to my Hero. Please help!

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Are you syncing the google calendar? If so, verify by adding something to the calendar via a computer then see if it goes to the phone.

3. j_preu

j_preu Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I am syncing the Google calendar. I do have the US holidays and that comes over just fine. Weird.

4. ricksan

ricksan New Member

Same problem here. Haven't seen any reasonable solution. I posted on the Google Calendar Forum too, so if I learn anything useful I'll post an update here.

5. ricksan

ricksan New Member

OK, I'd tried this procedure before with no luck but for whatever reason it works now. Good Luck!

FROM YOUR COMPUTER:
    From your computer's browser, log into your gmail calendar on your computer and select to display all of the calendars you want to be included in the sync options list. You don't have to sync these all the time or have them selected after this initial setup but it is a critical first step. After you verify that your phone is set up the way you like, display or hide calendars as usual on your computer.

ON YOUR ANDROID:

<<< if you're on a limited data plan or are concerned about excessive data charges I suggest you enable WiFi and verify your connection FIRST (this procedure will work either way but it'll be cheaper and faster to do over WiFi >>>

Select Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > Calendar Storage.
    Select "Clear Data" (this will clear all LOCAL calendar data but NOT data on the server). Select "Force Stop" (this will force the application to reload from scratch).

The phone will pause for a moment or two when returning to Home and then the calendar will begin syncing to your gmail calendars.