1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar Widget only shows tomorrow's events

Last Updated:

1. djc6535

djc6535 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anybody else have this problem? My Calendar widget that comes with Android (Calendar) has been synched with my google calendar, but it only shows events for tomorrow, and even sends notifications for those events a full day early.

Example:

Today is Feb 11th. I have an event today (we'll call it A) and an event tomorrow (we'll call it B)

The calendar widget has a blue bar across the top that says "Thu 11" This is correct! Below that it has a white field that says
    "Feb 12
    Event B"

If I click on the widget it takes me to today's page in the calendar application, the 11th which shows me today's event.

How can I get my calendar widget on the front page to show me what is happening TODAY and give me notifications for it TODAY?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

If today's event already started, or was an all day event (which implies that it already started), it won't show it. It shows your next event that hasn't yet begun.

Annoying, I know.

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Strange problem. I use that calendar widget all the time. It always shows the NEXT event scheduled, so if I have nothing on my calendar for today, it'll show me an event for tomorrow -- or next week -- or whenever the next event is.

When I thought it was making errors, I investigated a little and found that either I'd entered the event wrong (forgot to set it to today's date), or set the event to "PM" instead of "AM." Doesn't sound like what you're encountering, though.

All can say is to make sure you're looking at TODAY and not a week from today. Maybe try trashing it and reinstating it.

4. djc6535

djc6535 Member This Topic's Starter

question for fluharty: That makes sense, the one today IS an all day event, but then why am I getting notifications for events a day early?

(G): I have verified that my events are set properly. Clicking on the widget opens up the calendar program which shows everything in the proper place

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

5. mobilemike01

mobilemike01 Well-Known Member

Try Pure Calendar it is skinable and shows youway more info. Has a bunch of sizes too.

6. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

You may just have your settings defaulted to remind you a day in advance? I'm not sure about that one.

7. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

I too would suggest you not use the stock calendar widget.

Personally, I use CalWidget which I find excellent.