1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Calendar Widget - The HTC One

1. aleesara01

aleesara01 Active Member

My calendar widget - the third one that shows the only today's date and any upcoming events - is not updating! It will show the correct event for that day/time, but not the correct date. It will show the date you added the widget and never update....

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing a setting to get this to update?

Advertisement
  2. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

try removing the widget, then add it again.
  3. dblake15

dblake15 Well-Known Member

is there a google calendar that you can get or just the HTC calendar??
  4. sailrace

sailrace Active Member

I am having the exact same problem, and it is very annoying. Seems like something so simple should work flawlessly. If there is a fix out there, i'm not aware of it yet.
  5. aleesara01

aleesara01 Active Member

tried it, didn't work...
  6. aleesara01

aleesara01 Active Member

I know! It is driving me crazy! I love being able to ser all ofmy events on the main screen in an abbreviated format, but the date thing is annoying.
  7. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

Try rebooting your phone and if it doesn't work, you might have to do a hard reset.
  8. emac

emac Well-Known Member

Yes, there is an Android calendar widget and an HTC calendar widget, and both are synced to Google Calendar. I think the HTC one is better than the Android one though; the Android one is really small and I prefer having the calendar take up an entire page.
  9. shappy

shappy Well-Known Member

I am having this problem as well. My date is showing up as the 7th.

Attached Files:

10. azak

azak Well-Known Member

Is there a way to get this widget to scroll through a current day's events? It doesn't even show me the one that's upcoming sooner, but only shows me the event that I added most recently!
  11. MinimalistChris

MinimalistChris Active Member

Thanks for bringing this to the light. I also like this widget on the home screen as a quick glance for the day, but there is definitely something wrong with the way it updates; it doesn't!

Hopefully they fix this in the next update.
  12. MinimalistChris

Thanks for bringing this to the light. I also like this widget on the home screen as a quick glance for the day, but there is definitely something wrong with the way it updates; it doesn't!

Hopefully they fix this in the next update.
  13. shappy

shappy Well-Known Member

I spoke to someone in HTC tech support yesterday. They suggest clearing the calendar data and see if that worked. Of course it didn't. I am going to contact them again on Monday and have them escalate the issue.
  14. LisaFitz

LisaFitz Well-Known Member

Use smooth calender from the market, same interface, both htc and the other calender s the come with the evo are heavily flawed, most of the time it only shows me the next day and forgets about anything current
    shappy and Griggs2121 like this.
  15. Griggs2121

Griggs2121 Well-Known Member

THX LisaFitz for the smooth calendar widget tip. I really like this one. I like how it shows multiple upcoming events. Got rid of my agenda screen and was able to replace it with a full calendar. Very nice.
  16. MinimalistChris

I thought I would bring this back from the dead so we can all see whether the new update fixed the calendar widget! I hope tomorrow morning I see the '29th'!!!