1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar with datepicker for add event?

Last Updated:

1. rubendv

rubendv New Member This Topic's Starter

May 27, 2010
    After buying my lovely HTC Desire two weeks ago I'm now trying to start using my phone as an organizer/agenda.

Unfortunatly I really have sucky memory (hence I need to use the agenda from my phone) and thus I actually have NO idea what date it is today and everytime I goto the add event dialog I forget to look at the calendar what day it curently is (let alone tomorrow!).

Since the default app only has those anoying slider/slotbars to pick the date for an event... I keep placing events on the wrong date! :mad:

I've been trying to find a replacement app but the only two I've found so far (Jorte and Gemini) have the same anoying dialog to add an event!!

All the other 'apps' I find when looking for android calendar apps are widget-only!!

Anyone knows a way to get a datepicker or something like that into the calendar app or a different app?

Maybe at least display the name of the day when creating a new event?

2. powell

powell Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    If you say "datepicker", you mean a month view, where you can pick the desired day to add event to this day?
    If so, Gemini Calendar can do this. Just long press on the day, you will be redirected to the add event dialog, with the selected date already entered. You can also select several days in the month, if your event is multi day.
    Sorry, if I misunderstood what you say.
  3. kcour2006

kcour2006 Member

Nov 17, 2010
    I'm interested in this as well...currently when adding a new event, you chose form a pop up menu that doesn't show what day you are picking...example:12/23/2010 falls on a friday, but Friday isn't shown when creating an event. onthe date 12/23/2010.

How can we get the "day" to be shown? any way?

UPDATE: Touch Calendar is pretty cool...check it out.
  4. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Gemini's date picker shows the day of the week