1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar year view

Last Updated:

1. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a Nexus One. This is my first exposure to Android; I'm coming from a Windows Mobile (and, before that, PocketPC) background. One of the things I used frequently is the year-at-a-time view of the calendar, both for quick navigation to a date far in the future and just to see things like what day of the week August 17 is. The menu for the Calendar app doesn't list such a view; am I missing something? If that's not something the standard app can do, is there a downloadable app that offers it? (A quick scan through the market didn't turn up any obvious contenders.)

Thanks for any pointers.

Advertisement
  2. wmm

wmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Or another related app that would mostly cover this one would be a perpetual calendar (i.e., one that shows the calendar for any specified year in the past or future). Searching the market for "perpetual calendar" came up empty, but it might be a sub-function of some more inclusive app, if anyone knows. Thanks again.

3. strick

strick New Member

This is a late reply, however was searching for the answer myself when I stumbled upon how to do it. Just pinch to zoom inward in the monthly view to get a full view of the yea. Android 2.3.5.

4. marwerno

marwerno New Member

Another late reply:
    DejaOffice has a built in Yearly view as well. What I like about it:
    It has Calendar numbers in black and blue: Blue numbers meaning that there is an event on that day, blue number meaning there is no event on that day :)