CalendarSupport

Last Updated:

1. MashedBuddha

MashedBuddha New Member This Topic's Starter

Why am I required to sync a calendar to add an event? Can't I just use the calendar in the phone and add events? If I MUST sync it then how am I supposed to do that if it doesn't show me a calendar to sync with on my Droid? Under 'Accounts' and my gmail address it says Sync Contacts and Sync Gmail, but nothing else. I'm also trying to use google checkout but I can't add a credit card to purchase apps. There's no option to sync that and I have check out already set up in two different google accounts.

PS I've tried two free calendar apps and neither will allow me to add an event, nothing happens.

Advertisement
  2. MashedBuddha

MashedBuddha New Member This Topic's Starter

I had to reset the Droid 2 to defaults, which means reactivating the phone (wasn't expecting that), and then readding my facebook and gmail and restoring from backup assistant.

Finally the calendar appears as it should. That was annoying. But it restored my downloaded apps.

3. UberPippi

UberPippi New Member

Mine is doing the SAME thing. I signed up with an old spammy gmail account at the store just to get it going, and then just made a new gmail account that I want to actually use, and apparently I'm going to have to factory reset the phone ANYWAY just to have it use that for my gtalk and primary google account. But I'm going to watch this thread for a work around cuz I hope it works when I reset.

4. bhill

bhill Well-Known Member

Yup, just went through this myself. Had to delete the account via factory reset, then re-set up with gmail after I had already set up the calendar on the web.

Not fun, but it works now.

5. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

6. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

As that thread on the Motorola Owner's Forum progressed, it seems that some people have resolved this by creating a second Google account with a calendar and then adding that on the Droid 2. At that point not only did the calendar for that account become available but apparently so did the one for the original account.

So not a real solution, but an alternative work around that doesn't require a Factory Reset.

Given that we're also experiencing poor battery life I may try a Factory Reset anyways. Better to do it now before potentially losing even more.

7. tyrus

tyrus New Member

The workaround works if you're having this problem. I couldn't get my calendar to sync (it wouldn't even show up) so I did what some of the other users has suggested and created another google account, made sure that the calendar was active and had a few test appointments, then added the account to the Droid2. All of a sudden, everything is syncing - original calendar and new calendar, etc.

Before activating your new D2, you may want to make sure your google account is up to date and active before adding the account to the phone. Not sure if this was the problem but it may help.