• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

calendars

Hungy

Lurker
Sep 2, 2010
What is the best calendar app? Is there a calendar app or an addon app that will utilize the alarm in the phone to notify you of upcoming meetings? So far all i can find is ways to email or sms meeting warnings. The incoming sms doesn't get enough attention.

thanks

Jorte.

I use it.... you can sync it with google calendar through gmail account. It keeps track of as many gmail accounts as you can organize (I have 3, a business, a personal and a referee)

I can add an event to my google calendar desktop (it asks which account I need it for, work, ref, or personal and I choose) and it all views on my computer destop AND my jorte calendar when I'm away from my computer.

I have my 3 calendar events color coded (red - work, blue - personal, and green-ref) and they show up that way on my jorte calendar.

You have monthly 3x4 widgets (what I use) and plenty of other weekly/daily/5day views and various widget sizes.

It works better on my D2 than it did on my D1, I couldn't get all 3 calendars to show on D1 like I can now, but even then, it was still good. but that was more of an issue about my work gmail not having all the permissions my personal and ref gmails have.

I can set email reminders through the computer
I can set alarm reminders on my phone

Although I tend to add most of my events through a computer, if in a pinch.... I could add the event through my phone's calendar as well.

you can set your reminders for times. (ie- 10 minutes before..... 12 hours before, 1 day before)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones