• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calender audio alerts being cut off

shadowvfx

Lurker
Jun 4, 2012
Here's my problem: The alert notifications for reminders through the calender get cut off after about 1/4 a second after they start. Say I have a 3 second bell noise set as my reminder tone. I'll be lucky if I hear even a few miliseconds of it before the sound abruptly cuts off. This ONLY happens with audio alerts for my calender; not my ringtone, alarm, or email/txt notifications.

My phone didn't do this originally, so I was suspicious that an one of the apps I had recently installed might be the cause of the problem. However, I've since uninstalled nearly every app I downloaded in the last month to test this, but without any success. I don't want to wipe my phone to solve such a trivial issue, so I'm asking for any help/suggestions before I resort to such drastic measures.

Thoughts or ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones