Calender battery usageSupport

Last Updated:

1. downey667

downey667 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can every post their battery usage of the calender, My calender is taking up around 70% of my battery and i barely have any apps installed. It is making the lifespan of a charge a nightmare.

Advertisement
  2. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

It might have something to do with having two or more calendar widgets enabled at the same time (as mentioned in another thread) or some syncing.

3. BobbyPhoenix

BobbyPhoenix Well-Known Member

I have the sense widget on one screen since I received my phone two weeks ago. No other calender used. I just checked my "Battery use" and it's not even there, so it's not using enough power to even be displayed.

4. downey667

downey667 Active Member This Topic's Starter

When i click on the calender useage, there is 20 things on the list that is using the calender. Is that normal?

5. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I've recently found the Calendar is using an increasing amount of battery. Its only 10% (currently. 20% yesterday) compared to 70% that is used on downy's phone, but still strangely high.

I've disabled all the other calendars, and only have one widget, but transferring 2mb's of data in one day seems excessive for a PC Sync calendar

6. Sereniity

Sereniity Well-Known Member

How on earth can the calendar be using 70% it doesn't even show up in mine despite there being a widget and an exchange acc syncing things.

7. webfoolery

webfoolery Member

I posted in another thread here about this. My Calendar was using around 25% of bettery, which seems ridiculous but others have reported over 60% like you.

I had 2 calendar widgets running, one is the 'agenda' view and the other was the 4x1 widget that only shows the next due item.

I've removed the 4x1 widget & now hardly see the calendar on the battery summary.

I don't think the 4x1 alone is the problems, but perhaps using 2 widgets was causing some probs for me as now that I tok it off there's no probs...

8. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I would imagine it's purely syncing use, check how often it's set to update and if it syncing properly, it may repeatedly attempt syncs if there are problems, ie no data connection or too many mis matches

9. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member

I could be making this up, but when you look at Calendar in battery usage, it lists loads of apps, including Friendstream and weather.

My guess the usage is one of those apps updating too regularly, or gets stuck while trying to update. Disable each of the listed apps one by one and see which makes the Battery usage go down

10. jamie_nx01

jamie_nx01 Member

Did anyone manage to trace this problem?

I have no calendar widget active, and my calendar is taking up about 70% of my battery. If I charge during the day then un-plug over night this can go up to 95% by morning!

Once I turned off auto-sync the usage became what it should, display being the majority. So obviously a sync issue. There is no way (that I can see) to schedule calendar syncing. I first thought that it would bethe appointments in my calendar (which was syncing with outlook) but have since deleted all appointments and the issue remains. I'm running out of ideas and would like to be able to leave auto-sync on.

Any advice to a new android user would be much appreciated. I have already searched the forums and got rid of the Android OS hogging the battery! 1 down, 2 to go!

11. Dinheru

Dinheru New Member

I have the same problem.. Still haven't found the solution for this..

12. whokilledsanta

whokilledsanta Member

I had the exact same issues as jamie. The android os was chewing most my battery at first. To fix this I had to completely drain the battery, remove it and put it back in, same for the SD and sim. Then charge for 8 hours without turning it on.

Then...

The calendar is now using 23%. I have a suspicion it is either gmail sync or HTC sense sync. Will try both and post the outcome.