1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Calender doesn't work on any droid that I try

Last Updated:

1. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure there is a thread on this, but I didn't see one, sorry if there is. The issue I'm having is all the dates carrying over each year. For example, if I put someones bday on july 14th and look at that same day the next year, it shows their bday on the 13th. I tried this on my Aria and on my friends Incredible and Evo. So what gives, is there a fix for this. I've tried downloading several calender apps, but they always just have a different layout and different functions, but in the end they just end up doing the exact same thing.

Advertisement
  2. sifi

sifi Well-Known Member

I've got a desire and never used the annual repeat function. I've just put my birthday in and scrolled forward a year and it is exactly where it should be, so not all HTCs have this problem. Is it possible you have an alarm set that makes it appear the previous day?

I would besurprised if this were a fault and would expect it to be an input error maybe.

3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

What sifi said.

Are you entering the birthdays as yearly repeating calendar entries, or are you typing them into the contacts and having the calendar display the GMail Auto Birthdays calendar?

I'm using the birthdays-in-contacts approach, and (apart from not having the age being displayed, and not having anniversaries displayed :mad:) I don't have a problem.

4. screenamesuck

I haven't tried the contact route yet. I was going strait to the calendar and putting in events that way. It just wouldn't carry over each year after I selected that option. I'll try what you guys said later

5. screenamesuck

Ok, I went to a contact and went to edit and added a bday, but I don't see any reminder options or anything.

6. screenamesuck

Ok, Nevermind, I just went online to google and updated my calender that way and it carriers over every year just fine. If I do it strait from the phone then it messes up each year