Calender Force Close.

Last Updated:

1. marcf

marcf Member This Topic's Starter

Hello...

Is anyone experiencing a lot of force closes for the calender app on the Hero? I've tried inputting some info 3 times now and each time it is closing. Has anyone else run into this or does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks..

Marc

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I have a friend reporting the same thing on the G1. No fixes or ideas yet why it is happening.

3. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

I did until I uninstalled a calendar widget I'd added, can't remember the name of it now, but if you've installed an app that accesses the calendar, try taking it out and seeing if that sorts it. If you're syncing the calendar data to another source, try going to the home screen, hitting menu, selecting settings, going to app manager, and scrolling to the calendar storage stuff and hitting "clear data" then power off then back on again. It should then re-sync and may sort it out. I've done that once or twice with my calendar while I was trying out various apps, but haven't needed to since my first week with the phone.

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

Will pass this on...thanks.

5. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

Make sure you point out, in case your friend's a bit fick, that hitting "clear data" on the calendar app will delete everything.... The sync process will then put it all back, if there is a sync process. It's worked about 3 times for me when some app I'd installed stomped all over my data.