Calender sync - future events yes, past no

Last Updated:

1. Woolfman

Woolfman Member This Topic's Starter

The calender sync feature puts in all future events but no past ones. This happens on both exchange and google calenders. The synch does not eliminate the past events on the exchange server on on my laptop google calender. My blackberry had a setting for this. I can not find a similar setting which allows me to retain the past events on the Droid.

Any help ou there?

Advertisement
  2. ryno2292

ryno2292 Member

Having the same problem, no past events sync to my phone from my gmail calender. Well I shouldn't say none, a couple have but that's it.

3. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have all of my recurring events (birthdays and such) but the individual appointments only go back to October. I'm not sure if that's because I wasn't using the google calendar before that or not. Prior to October I was only using Outlook.

4. ryno2292

ryno2292 Member

Yeah not sure, funny part is events from the beginning of September are synced to my phone, but events from the end of September are not, just as an example.

5. Woolfman

I have recurring event in the past but no individual events. Sounds like same thing.

6. Woolfman

Spent some time with Motorola tech support. They told me to delete the offending calendar, wait 2 minutes ( while they got off the phone) and then reinstall and resync the calendar. Of course this did NOT work. It did give the Motorola tech time to escape.

I will say that while they were sometimes hard to reach, Blackberry techs did solve the issues presented.:mad:

7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

I couldn't sync some new appts that got into my outlook calendar.

You have to accept them in order for them to sync to the droid (through google calendar). I actually like this feature. There's sometimes needless conf calls that vendors send out and they get into my outlook calendar automatically.

8. subguy812

subguy812 Member

Did this ever get answered?