Calibration IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor This Topic's Starter

Anyone having any issues with their touchscreen? I know all about the axis swap issue but lately I will go to select something on the screen and instead of selecting what I am pressing it selects something a half an inch away. A good example of this is when I just went to press the letter "s" (portrait mode) and it lit up the coma key instead. It's really starting to get on my nerves, I think I might have to call HTC support soon to see what the deal is.

Advertisement
  2. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

Is it plugged into charger when this happens?

To be honest i used to have this issue but dont using cyanogen anymore.

Mostly Harmless likes this.
  3. Zephrem

Zephrem Member

@snakeybidder: You don't have the problem anymore because you're using cyanogen or because you're not using cyanogen anymore?

4. Mostly Harmless

The last time it happened it was plugged into the charger any thoughts?

5. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member

It happens when it's in my wall charger too. I'm no electrical engineer or anything, but I think the thing is that since its a capacitive touchscreen, the screen measures electrical signals. When it's plugged in with the wall charger, something about how it works creates a semi-strong electrical signal that confuses the screen to think that you are pressing an inch lower than you really are. I never have this issue unless my phone is plugged in with the wall charger, so I tend not to worry about it.

PS - my phone did this from day 1.

Mostly Harmless likes this.
  6. Mostly Harmless

very good to know.

7. snakeybidder

snakeybidder Well-Known Member

Exactly why I asked you if it was plugged in. Its normal.

8. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

On the first 6 Nexus One's that either I've owned, or someone in my family, this calibration problem would happen on a regular basis....at least 2 or 3 times a day. I switched to AT&T 2 months ago and bought the AT&T version and don't think I have yet to experience that issue on this phone. It'll occasionally become unresponsive (happened maybe twice now) but a simple lock and unlock of the phone corrects it. Coincidentally, the AT&T version is the only one I've used that has had 2.2 firmware (the others were still on 2.1 at the time).

9. batman25

batman25 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the nexus one. Known problem only fix ive heard of is a new screen. Mine does it on and off the charger.

10. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

11. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member

I've had this happend too but when the battey gets to >25%. A lock and unlock seems to solve the problem, but is this just an electrical issue or a software issue that can be fixed?

12. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

My thoughts are that it's a heat issue - ONLY times I've had screen miss registerings are when I've been playing with it under the duvet (quiet down there; screen is bright and disturbs hubby) or straight out of tight jeans pocket. Charging > heat increase..?

13. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

Yes, I absolutely love this phone. My wife has one and my brother and sister have one as well. I honestly don't know what other phone I would rather have. There are quirks to be sure, but I've never owned a phone that doesn't have at least one thing wrong with it.