• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calibration Issues

Why has Google/HTC not fixed this problem that the phone launched with?

Dunno what you are talking about, but as a general point if you want to buy complex hardware/software packages with absolutely no errors, glitches or bugs, you're gonna have very very few pieces of recent kit.

The question, IMHO, as regards hardware/software problems and PCs, 'phones, set-top boxes etc. etc. is not if they go wrong but when & how...

Cheers!

Lodger

(PS And a public thanks to Mr Gates to providing so many problems over the years that created so much work for people like me...)

PPS Android, IMHO, is pretty-damn-good compared to some alternatives, as is the Nexus One..

Upvote 0
YouTube - Nexus One - Touchscreen Calibration Problem

Google's answer

Best answer - Ry Guy (Google Employee) Go to this answer
Hello everybody,

I'm dropping in to let you know that we are still investigating the problems some of you are having with the touchscreen. Getting to the root of a problem like this can be very difficult because there are a variety of things that could be the potential cause.

Some of you may have seen the touchscreen behaving strangely because of the way you are holding the phone. Please make sure you aren't touching the screen in two places when gripping the phone. If you are trying to register a touch and another part of your hand (or your sleeve even) is also touching the screen it won't work!

If this turns out to be a software issue, we will attempt a fix via an OTA update. For now, completely turn off your Nexus One and then power it up. This typically stops any strange touchscreen behavior.

Lastly, a small percentage of you probably have hardware issues. This is likely the case if entire areas of your screen have become permanently unresponsive. In this case, view the warranty details in our Help Center and contact HTC for support.

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to sort this out, it is hugely appreciated!

-Ry Guy

Reactions: ludwig
Upvote 0
Sometimes after using the market app or the odd game and go back to using the phone normally. The bottom half of the screen no longer works with touch and I have to use the track ball on the phone. I have to restart the phone to fix the problem and it wouldn't do it everytime. The phone was doing this from the first day I got it. I am assuming its a software issue and waiting for the fix. It would be cool if someone created a Calibration app, that a user could use to manually calibrate the screen or at least reset the calibration.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones