CalibrationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. xkandyce817

xkandyce817 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Eris today and I was wondering if there was a way to calibrate the screen. I don't know if it's normal, but when I use the Home/Menu/Back sensors, I have to touch the very top of the icon in order for it to work. Also, are you supposed to be able to get the landscape view/keyboard when inputting contacts?
    I hope I don't have to exchange it.

Advertisement
  2. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

The screen is calibrated when you set it up. As far as the home, menu, back and search buttons go, I have noticed that I have to hit the top/left side of the icon to get it to work, but I've adjusted to that and don't even notice it anymore. It's probably because the sensors and icons aren't lined up perfectly.

3. dg370

dg370 Active Member

settings\locale & text\touch input\text input\calibration tool

4. smacky

smacky Banned

Weird that you have to angle your touches. Mine are spot on in rhe middle. But then again, I may have big fingers.

There is a calibration tool in the Settings, but not sure if it's for those four buttons. Probably just the keyboard.

5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

The text input calibration works for the landscape-mode keyboard input, and I would advise anyone to use it, as it adjusts it's "interpretation" of which key got pressed based on individual hand & finger sizes.

OTOH, the four buttons involved below the screen - Home, Menu, Back, and Search - don't seemed to be involved in the calibration procedure.

On my Eris, I also have to tap above those four buttons - as 'bjf88' said, I also just adjusted over time, and don't notice it at all any longer.

eu1

6. Yosef

Yosef Well-Known Member

The text input calibration does not work for the landscape-mode keyboard input on my Eris. When the Eris is in landscape, Calibration is not an option. How did you get calibration in landscape mode?

7. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Sorry, my bad - I remembered incorrectly.

It only works for QWERTY mode in portrait view

[​IMG]

I suppose I remembered it incorrectly because I use XT9 mode in portrait view almost exclusively (old habits from old phones die hard)... so, I remembered seeing a QWERTY keyboard during calibration... and forgot that it was in portrait orientation.

I suppose that kind of makes sense - portrait mode + QWERTY keyboard is the mode most in need of finger-placement calibration, since many folks will likely only use their thumb in that mode.

Sorry for the confusion :eek:

eu1