• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Caligo Chaser(Beat'em Up Action RPG) Now Available on Android Market!!

They don't have to eat the cost. They would still be selling the game and making money, just charging a little less for it. They had to do more work creating the original game from scratch than they had to do porting it to another platform. I'm not a programmer, but I'm sure there are a number of things that they didn't have to redo for the port (text, artwork ...). Therefore, to me it seems like they should actually need to make less money back from the port than the original since it likely cost them less to produce. So why should they charge more for it?

Console games are usually more expensive than PC games.

Upvote 0
If you develop something for platform A and sell it, then go and re-engineer it for platform B (using resources like time and money to do so), why should the company have to eat that cost?

Re-engineer for a much smaller market no less. There are simply more people buying stuff on the Apple market. I hope this changes over time but it is a fact at the moment.

Upvote 0
Do you plan on bringing Heavy Gunner to Android any time soon?

Heavy Gunner is coming. Woking on it:)

Has multitouch support been enabled in any of the updates? The game looks like something I'd really enjoy on my upcoming Incredible but I read a review that said the controls weren't that great on non-keyboard phones because of a lack of multitouch support.

Multi-touch is not yet planned on our update. We advise you try the game thoroughly on the first day to see if the control works well for your phone :)

Upvote 0
Heavy Gunner is coming. Woking on it:)

Multi-touch is not yet planned on our update. We advise you try the game thoroughly on the first day to see if the control works well for your phone :)

I just downloaded the demo and it seems like something I might love but will you be adding the ability to map keys? I just got a game gripper and would love to be able to use it with your game. :)

Upvote 0
Zeemote is a BT phone controller, essentially built for games, but can control any app that supports it. It has an analog stick and 4 buttons available to map, nice for gaming controls!

It first supported Symbian handsets, but they've recently released their SDK for Android phones (obviously having just become available its not supported by many apps yet).

Upvote 0
I excitedly tried the free version today. Sadly I uninstalled it about two minutes later because the hardware controls are just completely atrocious. If they could be programmed so I could use my game gripper, I'd definitely give it another shot.

I asked them about adding support for button mapping for the game gripper on twitter and they are discussing it. Didn't say for sure they would, but it did sound positive at least.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones