• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call Blocker That Blocks If No Caller ID NAME

consultant

Aug 13, 2012
Anyone know of a call blocker app that blocks all calls that are either not in the contacts list OR the Caller ID is just the phone number, or blocked/"Private Number". It seems most of the apps I've tried so far have this feature except if the option to block calls with no Caller ID don't block calls where the caller ID is just a phone number and not a name. An unrecognized phone number is just as bad as no Caller ID at all in my mind.

Nope. It looks like even though there are at least a dozen call blocking apps, none of them do what I want.

Here's what people don't understand. The Caller ID information that is transmitted to the phone with the phone call can just be the phone number that is calling you. This is common with a lot of businesses. However sometimes the Caller ID will get the person's name also. If you tell these call blocking apps to block unknown/private numbers, they don't consider the call to be from an unknown/private number if the caller's phone number has been indentified through Caller ID. However the person or business name associated with that number though IS still unknown (unless they are in your contacts list.)

If you use the setting to block all calls not in your contacts list, you end up blocking calls that aren't in your Contacts BUT may have the name in the Caller ID!

I just want to block calls where the name of the business/caller is not in the Caller ID and they are not in my contacts list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones