Call claritySupport

Last Updated:

1. whazzup2

whazzup2 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having an issue with receiving calls. The audio sounds awful. I'm told I sound fine. I called Verizon and they said it's a known issue with the phone. HTC & Google are working on an update. Anyone else with the same problem?

I'm 31 days into it. I lost track of time and have been busy, or I would just have undone my deal. Now I'm a little stuck.

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I have not had any problems with mine since the day it came out.

3. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

there is like 600 other threads about this but yes there is plenty of people with this problem

4. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter that your over your 30 day grace period, my wife was in the same situation with hers and we had to jump though hoops to get a new one at no extra charge. Call verizon, they'll keep you on the phone for an hour and have you talk to 5 different reps to try and correct the problem. After that they will note your account and have you goto a VZ store where they will try and replicate that problem, chances are they won't beable to and then they'll give you a 800 # to call to place an order for a new or refurbished phone at no cost.

5. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Yeah its a widely known problem. Just keep calling them and do not take no for an answer.

For myself, I don't want to wait any longer since VZW nor HTC are unable to give a date for the "fix" or Froyo for that matter. Due to this, I'm getting a Droid X.

6. whazzup2

Anyone get Froyo yet? If so, does this solve the problem?

7. whazzup2

So I went to a Verizon store and, after much debating, managerial intervention, etc., they replaced my device with a brand new one. So far, seems like the problem is solved. I can hear again. I basically told them that I bought a smartPHONE and can't even speak on the phone. Hopefully this ends the cycle of "what number are you at so I can call you back from a landline".