call decline issue

Last Updated:

1. 5280droid

5280droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Just talking on the hero when another call beeped in......screen came up showing who was calling....I hit the Decline button which is supposed to send the call directly to VM..but...it only made the screen go away...I kept getting the beep notification that another call was trying to get through....and then the choppy dial tone hang up signal after the call eventually made it to VM.

Anyone else experience this issue.

STILL LOVE THE PHONE

Advertisement
  2. boylec

boylec Member

I've had this happen with every phone I've had on Sprint. It's incredibly annoying.

3. 5280droid

Really?? Thats kind of annoying. So its a Sprint issue and not a HERO issue??

Anyone else have the same experience?

So there is NO way to send a call directly to VM??

4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i have been on sprint for 11 years. the earlier phones just silenced the call which is what has been mentioned here. however the last few phones i have had all send the call to VM... the PRO1, PRO2, Mogul, diamond... BB curve/Tour... i have not had a call come in on the hero but im amazed that this does not send the call to VM. its an HTC phone and the ones prior to it did..

5. 5280droid

Getting more annoying now that I know it should send to VM but does not. I wonder if Sprint is aware of it.

Can anyone send a call waiting call to VM or will it continue to try to get through???

6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

isnt the phone setup to send a text message if you decline the call? didn't i see that in the settings screen on the hero? does THAT work?

7. 5280droid

That does work...while you get a call..you can press menu and there is an option to send a pre written TXT reply. I've used that a few times. Its actually pretty useful.

But still again....not sending to VM irks me alittle.