Call exceptions in Silent ModeTips

Last Updated:

1. timefusion

timefusion New Member This Topic's Starter

Truly enjoying my EVO. On old blackberry, I could set profile to silent and assign number exceptions that would still ring through (eg wife, family etc). Is there such a setting on the EVO? I want to keep phone on silent during night, but also want critical calls to ring through. Any thoughts??

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

i dont think you can do that out of the box, but im sure there's an app to do that.

3. mattkilla420

mattkilla420 Active Member

very interested in this as well, i posted a similar question and someone said that it might be possible through google voice?

4. onelessword

onelessword New Member

I too am a from BB user and I am looking for ring only for night time. Is there away to stop email, updates and sms from making audio alerts just at night. The BB had a phone only mode.

5. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Turn off notifications.

6. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

Timeriffic

You can make phone profiles (set ringer vol and type, wifi on/off, etc.), and it allows you to set the volume for ringer and notifications separately.

I happen to want no noise at night, so I just set both volumes to 0% in my night profile (weekdays after 10pm). You could set notification at 0% and ringer at however loud you want on a schedule like this.

I wish more people in my office either used this, or had phones that supported something like this, as all the ringing cell phones become annoying throughout the day...

7. igzekyativ

igzekyativ Well-Known Member