• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call log does not show which number it is.

qwertyu

May 16, 2011
Hi. New to smartphones and android so not sure if this is a Galaxy S specific issue or android in general. My call log just shows the contact name and the number. It does not show what type of number it is. i.e. Work, Mobile or the custom label for that number. So when I go to make a call which I find normally the easiest way is to go to my call log I'm not sure if it's my mates work or play mobile I'm ringing. Is there a way to get this to show or do I just need to create a different contact for each different number they have and label it in the contact name?

Thanks for any insights/help in advance.

Lack of any response so I figue I'll try again by bumping it up. I'd love a response even if it's just to say yes, mine does the same as yours. Even if there's no help you can offer. Also a response would be good even if it just says I don't understand what you're talking about so I'm not sure how to respond. I think I've described the issue well but if something in my description does not makes sense then tell me and I'll try and clarify. Also if anyone could confirm this is a Galaxy S issue or not. The admin guy or gal obviously thought so as the post was moved here but confirmation from a user would be nice. I find it strange that this part of Android would differ from phone to phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones