Call Log, Etc. Keeps Erasing

Last Updated:

1. Stangs55

Stangs55 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else notice that their call log is wiped periodically? For me, about once a day I will unlock my Droid and notice that I have no records in my call log.

When this happens, I'll also notice that when trying to dial a contact with multiple phone numbers, the "Remember this selection" checkbox that I had previously checked on the preferred number seems to have been cleared and I must (again) select which number is the contact's default.

There is no noticed rebooted and crashing before or after this happens...really no odd activity at all...I just notice it about every day during the course of normal use.

Is this a known issue?

Advertisement
  2. jetswa737

jetswa737 Member

Just checked my call log and it goes back all the way to Nov 12 the day I got my phone. I am not sure why yours is erasing. I was checking to see if there was a setting that would automatically delete your call log. I couldn't find one. Is there an app that you have that may be doing this?

3. DeanneJensen

DeanneJensen New Member

That used to happen to me also. I imported my contacts with categories, so they did not all show up on My Contacts on Google's site. When I noticed my call log being deleted, I also noticed that my contacts categories were not being displayed. I went through my contacts on the website and added all of them to the My Contacts category as well as kept them in their individual categories. This has fixed the call log from being deleted.

Deanne

4. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I don't know why yours does that, but I DLed an app called Super Dialer, mostly so I can have my call log right one touch away. It'll have the dialer, and on top of that the call log. More often than not, I use my call log to make a call, as almost everyone I call will be someone who's recently called me. Never deleted the log, so maybe that'll help ya.

5. mdevine

mdevine Well-Known Member

I got the same problem happening.

Stangs...do you use ChompSMS or Touchdown?

6. Stangs55

I use Chomp.

And it's happened twice again since I first posted this :(

7. mdevine

mdevine Well-Known Member

I think Chomp could be a problem. chomp is what I used when I fist had phone and I had this issue. I then used Handcent for the last few weeks with no issues. Yesterday and re-installed chomp (due to multiple SMS messages with Handcent) and now this issue re-appeared. I never put two and two together until now. I will uninstall chomp and go back to handcent.

You mind trying the same and see if it fixes your issue??

8. Stangs55

Well I've moved to Handcent and uninstalled Chomp ever since this thread was posted...and since then, I've had no problems.

Problem now...is that I miss Chomp :(...Handcent just seems so much slower and bloated in comparison. I've gone back to Chomp once since January, only to have my call log erased again... So is this really a known issue? I can't imagine that it would be a widespread problem since Chomp is so popular...but wtf could I be doing wrong?!

9. drew_14

drew_14 Member

I had my call log completely wiped once too. It also removed any customized ringers that I'd assigned to contacts. I've never used Chomp, only Handcent, so that's not what's causing this.

10. Stangs55

I'm not talking once...I'm talking an average of twice a week with Chomp installed...and never with it uninstalled...
    (and I've had the Droid since launch)

11. revo814

revo814 New Member

I have been using Handcent only since I got my droid at the beginning of the year and my log just recently started deleting itself and multi numbers for one contact have to be reselected once the log is deleted. So I don't believe it is chomp causing the problem.