1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Call Manager

Last Updated:

1. sixty4

sixty4 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thinking about leaving Windows Mobile for Android beginning wiht the EPIC when its available. I have been using a program called "Photo Contacts Pro" for years. I did a google search for call managers but wasn't too pleased with the results.

I tried to seach this forum, but this forum runs so slow for me at work.. likely due to our security not this site.

I apreciate any advice. I am looking for group management by contact, txt message control by group, temporary and standard template capabilities.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sixty4

Anyone?

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I have not seen an app that has all the functions you want in one place, but you wil find apps to do all you need. List every function you need and post here and people will help you find those functions.

4. sixty4

Thanks for the response, here is the most important features I would want, all from the Photo Contacts Pro website. Photo Contacts PRO (Pocket PC Edition) - Distinctive Ringtones, Distinctive SMS tones, Call Blocking and Filtering, Advanced Automatic phone Profiles, Full Screen Photo Caller ID, Today Screen Enhancements

• RingTone and SMS Tone Managers
      --assign new ring tones to persons in the phone book
    • Call Filtering/Blocking and Automatic Profiles
      --Reject - the call is automatically rejected and sent to voicemail (if available)
      Hang Up - The call is automatically hanged up (caller just hears a

5. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Well you might like ePhonbook
    I have been on the search for contact manger and this is a good one for what you are looking for. All tho there are no photos till you kilk into a contact but once in you are able to do most of what you are looking for.
    For a call manager or Dialer try aTakephone. All though not a as good at contact managing as some it handles phone calls and Dialer related data very nicely

6. sixty4

Ok thanks I suppose I will need the phone to test these given I cannot see much with the screen shots in terms of overall functinality. I am suprised there isn't an more mainstream application.

Can Android do basic group settings and set ring tones based on them?

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Android cannot, the same as WinMo cannot.

There are apps though, that will do that.