1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Call Of Duty MW free until 10/29... but

Last Updated:

1. tamanaco

tamanaco Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I found this link from Getjar to get a Free copy of Call of Duty until 10/29 for the Samsung i9000 Galaxy S, but it appears to be a version that requires a keyboard and force closes in my Captivate if I enable sound. Am I missing something here?... Is this game for a Galaxy S with a Keyboard or is Getjar linking to a download file for the wrong phone? Is there any other place where I can get it?

Advertisement
  2. g.mckenzie82

g.mckenzie82 Member

Thanks for the link, it works on the Galaxy S. Same thing happens when i try to use sound it force closes. Why did you suspect it for a keyboard?

3. tamanaco

When I look at the instructions it says press F to fire and shows a bunch of other controls via keyboard. What was the mane and size of the file you downloaded? I got a file called callofdutymodernwarfareforcerecon_de_en_es_fr_it_pt_Samsung_GT-I9000GalaxyS.APK size 2,375 KB.

Maybe I just need instructions on how to use it. I downloaded it to my PC using the link provided below the option to sent a text msg with a link to the phone and then sideloded it to my Captivate. I also tried downloading it using the Phone via the mms message, but I got a error telling me that my service provider does not allow downloads from Getjar.... this happened even as I tried to download it using WiFi. The Getjar site must be identifying the phone model and not the service provider when it issues that error message. Is there a way of bypassing this error msg from Getbar and download the file directly to the phone? My phone is rooted, sideload enabled and I also changed it to emulate T-mobile using the Market Access app.

4. g.mckenzie82

g.mckenzie82 Member

5. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Well I just went to the link you posted, top right you change your phoen type...

For HTC Desire for instance: Download Call of Duty for HTC Desire

sure this has been out for ages though.

6. tamanaco

So how do you fire or throw the grenades from your Galaxy S? I keep getting kill while I tap desperately everywhere on the screen.

7. g.mckenzie82

g.mckenzie82 Member

I think i tap the grenade, then it auto positions the crosshair, then i tap the cross hair. I didnt play it for very long...i lost interest lol

8. ogrenator

ogrenator Well-Known Member

honestly are games like this even worth playing with the quality of games going up so much? dont mean to rain on your parade...just saying