• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Call of Duty MW2

For PC, it sucks. Sure, the graphics are great. They did away with Dedicated servers and went with IWNet, which sucks horribly. They also removed some of the functionality of the game, such as the ability to lean around corners.

Worst of all, though, is the fact that less than 3 days after the release of the game, the first wallhack/aimbot was released. As of today, it is hard to find a game where you don't bump into at least one hacker.

Single Player is fun, though.

I don't know what world you have been in but every fps shooter has hacks for it. Also, good job on the over exaggeration about every game youll bump into one hacker. They took dedicated servers away and now you don't have mods with confetti blood or some random nonsense or 13 year old kids with admin... What a shame. You cannot lean around corners? Poor guy, your not able to camp behind a wall for 2 hours with only your arm showing anymore, tough...

Upvote 0
MW2 is starting to piss me off... Here is what I posted on the IW forums. It got many responses saying they agree with me. Feel free to discuss.

I have been playing the call of duty series since the first one came out. They all have been very tough to get used to, as there was a learning curve. Once you got it, it was great fun! But then IW thought "Lets make it easier for the noobs" Well, congratulations! You did it!! Its so easy to be good, that there is no good anymore. The first month went pretty well, but then christmas came along and now everyone runs around with noob tubes, tac knifes, care package glitches, etc, let alone death streaks. Thats what made the other COD games fun was actually being able to be good. Before christmas, my k/d was around 2.3 with 7k kills. Now its 2.06 with 14k kills. The reason: Tactical knifes, SPAWN KILLS, and noob tubes. This game is so noob friendly, a brain dead monkey could get kills. Anyone who actually plays this game alot can vouch for that.

Now, on to the spawn kills. Honestly, they are 5x worse than W@W. I got online today and joined a game, I didnt get one shot off and I died 6 times, with less than 5 steps each. Is it really that hard to spawn me where there isnt an enemy withen 10 feet? I mean comeon.

Now, notice that I did not post anything about fixing these problems. That is because you would pretty much have to scrap the game. The last week or so, I have found myself having more fun with Halo 3, W@W, and OPFP2 than MW2 cause of all the *** that happens in the game. "Hey lets run around with tactical knifes" or "I am going to camp this doorway" The campers are rediculas. But I would much rather deal with them than...well pretty much everything else that goes on. I am not talking about sniping. Snipers and campers are in a whole different ballpark. Snipers shoot long range, which im fine with. Campers stay around a doorway or a wall and wait for you to run into their 5ft killzone. I know there is no way to get rid of camping...

All in all, IW thanks for ruining the franchise. For your next game, please make the game require some skill. I left out alot more I could have written about(Awful matchmaking/party system for example), feel free to discuss.

~ttaylor0024

Upvote 0
@ttaylor0024

Dunno what game your playing but it's impossible to get spawn killed unless there happens to be a air strike over where you are spawning.

I'm pretty sure after reading what you said I can say for certain you are not very good at the game and are a noob. Very, very sad that your complaining about dying to brain dead monkeys. If they are killing you over and over to the point it frustrates you, well I hate to break it to you but, your worse then them! Perhaps fps shooters aren't your thing.

Upvote 0
ttaylor0024 I agree with you..

Meepstone I have no idea what mode you are playing and how often you play... the game spawns you sometimes in front of an enemy sights and before you realize it. you are dead..

Some ppl also know where other people spawn so they camp.. If the server was under an admin yes it can be controlled.. matchmaking .. jeez damn thing finds a lousy host sometimes it is not even fun.. Game sux.. if there is a 3rd one.. they can keep their copy.. I ain't for sure not wasting my money..

Upvote 0
@ttaylor0024

Dunno what game your playing but it's impossible to get spawn killed unless there happens to be a air strike over where you are spawning.

I'm pretty sure after reading what you said I can say for certain you are not very good at the game and are a noob. Very, very sad that your complaining about dying to brain dead monkeys. If they are killing you over and over to the point it frustrates you, well I hate to break it to you but, your worse then them! Perhaps fps shooters aren't your thing.

bahaha. Just scroll up.

Upvote 0
I don't know what world you have been in but every fps shooter has hacks for it. Also, good job on the over exaggeration about every game youll bump into one hacker. They took dedicated servers away and now you don't have mods with confetti blood or some random nonsense or 13 year old kids with admin... What a shame. You cannot lean around corners? Poor guy, your not able to camp behind a wall for 2 hours with only your arm showing anymore, tough...

meepstone what fps games have you played?? have you played COD 4 MW servers?? there are servers that are managed much better than your so called 13 year admins.. Dedicated servers helps in keeping hackers away.. In Steam, they get taken away in a month or so may be even not even sure..

Upvote 0
Except you would run into a hacker everyday playing mw1. There all the same, all have hackers. Nothing stops people from using them. punkbusters sucks at it, vac sucks at it. Saying dedicated servers stop hackers isn't true. You have to hope the admin is on to do it, that's fool proof :rolleyes:. Just because there are dedicated servers it won't "keep hackers away." Punkbusters does not catch people and people only get banned from 1 server! That's a lot to risk? I'm sure they are scared. Every fps is the same, why add this complaint to his whine fest about how he sucks at the game but it's anything and everything else that makes the game crappy except him? I'm sure he is the last one to think he is horrendous at the game and it couldn't possibly be that's why he dies all the time!

Upvote 0
That is why I play cod mw on 2 servers only.. why they are watched by admins who know what they are doing.. hackers get banned and don't show up..

but if you like to play on iw.net server that joins you on a server with a low ping.. and than you quit and you find another game.. wait it gets back to you on the same server.. Have fun.. You want to pay $10 extra for new maps.. go ahead.. when you get mw3 be ready to pay like WOW.. have fun getting spawn killed ..

Upvote 0
i don't care of getting owned.. it is a game.. jeez... the things around it... playing a game your host decides to leave.. you wait.. play.. wait that person leaves.. again you wait..

you find a game.. you join a group of people let's say hc tdm.. there are 8 ppl playing wasteland.. 2 ppl leave.. you have to wait for 2 players to join a game..

If you have list of servers you can decide to join if you want..

If I get kills 2 and die 20.. so what.. if you are not getting owned.. kudos to you..

What fps games have you played??

Upvote 0
COD:MW2, the best game I HAVE EVER PLAYED, first day on multiplayer and I got my stats to 329kills and 132deaths JUST BY USING RIOT SHIELD, riot shiwld was a great idea and ong I'm in love with it

ah! I hate that thing... it guys like you that make me use ip my grenades.. Riot shield works right when you start, but once you are lev 30+ people will smoke you with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones