Call Quality of the FascinateSupport

Last Updated:

1. EliC

EliC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How is your call quality?

My wife and I both got the Fascinate, and I have to say the call quality blows. Any background noise can quickly turn the calls useless. I have had many people on the other side complain. Call volume hasn't been heavy as I've only had it over the weekend.

I think this comes down to a lack of noise canceling mic.

Other then call quality and GPS (though these are very big things) the phone is amazing.

Advertisement
    ironhorse likes this.
  2. JuneNYC

JuneNYC Well-Known Member

during a call hit the menu key to bring up the noise compelling option.
    Or you can do it in the setting

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I've had no complaints about my quality on my side of the other. I've used a combo of phone and BT mostly BT though and honestly my BT sounds even better than my previous phone.

4. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

I know what they mean about calls made when there is a lot of background noise. I believe the Motorola phones have a noise canceling mic and sound much better.

5. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

I had complaints the first day also :( Also I can not find a noise compelling option??

6. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I can't find a Noise Canceling option either..?

But I have found the call quality to be noticeably better than my Incredible, so far...

7. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

LOL. I wonder if there actually is a noise compelling option on the Captivate. Gonna have to check with my boss when he gets back from Spain, he has a Captivate.

8. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

My calls are crystal clear through Bluetooth.

9. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head. Both my wife and I are having the same problem. Not to mention the antenna in these things are terribly weak. The Fascinate gets worse reception than the Omnia I had and I didn't think that was possible. Why can't Samsung get the antenna right on their smartphones?

10. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Aww crap. LISTEN to you guys. ... I was all set on returning my Droid X, and the Fascinate will show up at my door TOMORROW. What do I do???

11. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Use the SF and confirm and worries or problems for yourself. Come on Sir you shouldn't get so discouraged you gotta keep it [H] ;)

12. SirKronan

Yeah, the SF I tested sounds fine, but I didn't test it in a noisy environment. We'll see tomorrow. I'm going to put it through even more ringers than the original SF I tested out, because it will be MINE. Muahahahaha.

13. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Now thats more like it. There are always mods we can do. Once I get a bit more comfortable working in the root Im eager to try the whole setcpu thing out and OC her up a bit at max and throttle down at all other times for extra battery life

14. FragDroidX

FragDroidX Well-Known Member

I would not be too concerned just yet. While there are a few of us having issues there are plenty of people with a Fascinate that are not having any issues at all. I just wish I wasn't having such bad luck with it.

15. Dewg

Dewg Member

My bluetooth is working great, and the speakerphone is good too. Where I'm having problems is with the earpiece speaker. When I hold the phone to my ear, there is a faint but noticable high-pitched crackle when people talk. It's either electronic noise or the tiny speaker is blown and I'm getting vibration noise. Can't tell. I've only had the phone a little over a day, so I'm going to see how bad it gets.

Is this common with other people? If not, then I'll just have to get the phone swapped.

16. Baldycmw

Baldycmw Active Member

when i speak into the phone on a phone call my voice will randomly distort in my ear piece.

17. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

This happened to me the first few calls I made. I also noticed that I almost never get above 2 bars. It is also hard to hear my girlfriend when she calls me from her Droid X.

18. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

This happens to me as well, almost like a reverb. Pretty annoying. I exchanged my phone for a new one and still have the issue. Might be a reason for me to return it.

19. Destination: Moon

Destination: Moon Active Member

There is a setting in the main settings menu under Call Settings:
    Voice Privacy. Maybe try turning it off??

durangojim likes this.
  20. durangojim

durangojim Well-Known Member

This seemed to help some, but it's still there. Thank you though.

21. SirKronan

What benefit is there to having voice privacy on???

22. saps

saps Well-Known Member

It adds some kinda encryption so someone cannot eavesdrops on your conversion. It lowers the volume if your phone isnt next to your face to people are less likely to hear your conversation; thats the theory at least

23. JJBetty

JJBetty Well-Known Member

I just called my friend who just got her fascinate today. I could hear her fine and she could hear me fine. No issues.

24. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Call quality is nothing compared to my Droid X. I can hear myself through the speaker when talking and if i talk loud it crackles...still have 27 days to decide and its not looking good. Call quality and GPS suck! Everything else is amazing.

25. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I'm all for receiving the phone yourself, using it yourself, and seeing for yourself how it is.

For me, I feel the call quality is better than my Incredible. The GPS is on-par with my Incredible and better than my Garmin. So I love it.