1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Support Call Quality on the Maxx

1. TheBlackFlux

TheBlackFlux Member

I just switched to the razr maxx from the galaxy nexus, and while everything seems to be working great, I notice there is some static when making calls. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hope it's not an issue, because I really hate receiving verizon's certified crap phones in the mail.

Advertisement
  2. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

No static on my Maxx. Call quality is excellent.
  3. mineolasmitty

mineolasmitty Active Member

No static on mine. Calls are very clear.
  4. Ewing33855

Ewing33855 Member

No issues for me!
  5. mauiblue

mauiblue Well-Known Member

I just wish the audio on the phone calls were just a tad louder.
  6. JamesSJ

JamesSJ Well-Known Member

I just switched from the GNex too. I think the audio was clearer on the GNex but the RMaxx is not bad.
  7. TheBlackFlux

TheBlackFlux Member

Damn. Well I have another phone coming my way tomorrow, hopefully this one will work on all fronts.

Not holding my breath though.
  8. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Well-Known Member

My call quality is very clear. The volume bar sometimes lags though when raising and lowering the volume while on a call. But quality is good. Except when on speaker. Then I have to lower the volume by one from max or I get a rattled speaker. ANNOYING!
  9. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member

Same here. For most calls I have to have the volume all the way up. I have the Volume + app but the phone needs to be rooted in order to use all the features, like "In Call Volume".

I'm hoping maybe ICS will allow the volume to be upped a bit.

To the OP, no static but sometimes depending upon the call I have to drop the volume one notch or I get slight distortion in the speaker. This was pointed out in some reviews.
  10. nx01

nx01 Active Member

No static on mine. Call quality is excellent.
  11. mrteeth

mrteeth Well-Known Member

Call quality is superclear on mine. I had the DINC and it was clear on that as well. My only problem is when I receive calls from Iphone-AT&T owners. I always have to have them repeat everything they say because it's all garbled up. Call quality on them are a POS. In fact, one particular friend of mine, has the Iphone 4s on AT&T. Everytime he calls, I don't answer on purpose because I know I'm not able to understand him.
  12. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member

Interesting you should mention that because I have the EXACT SAME experience with iPhone 4S users on AT&T. They sound like crap on the Razr Maxx. I have 3 people using iPhone 4S and one with an iPhone 4 and they all sound like crap.
  13. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Well-Known Member

Call quality on my MAXX is a hundred times better than my GNex. And for those suffering from low in call volume... I have to turn my MAXX volume down to half or lower or it blows out my ear eardrums! You all must be deaf! LOL. Both my MAXX and my wife's OG RAZR have very loud and clear in call volumes.

I can't say I've had any issues with AT & T iPhone users. Not that I've noticed anyway.... That's really strange.
  14. TheBlackFlux

TheBlackFlux Member

Well I finally got the replacement after verizon sent me the wrong phone. Surprise, surprise I still hear some faint static in the background. I am tired of sending phones back and forth and dealing with the verizon reps. I am just going to live with it. Otherwise it's still a great phone.
  15. dsgreen5

dsgreen5 New Member

I also have this problem. I just switched to Verizon and got the Droid Razr Maxx. I do love the battery life, but I do notice static when making calls. Kind of annoying. Hopefully, this will be fixed with a software upgrade.

16. dsgreen5

dsgreen5 New Member

Wow, I thought I was imagining this, but I noticed the exact same issue when I talk to any of my friends on AT&T with iPhones. I actually noticed it when I talk to my friend who is on an an HTC phone.