Call QualityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. SOSUGRAD04

SOSUGRAD04 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have made up my mind and decided on the Eris. Before I go buy it I was wondering what everyone says about the call quality. My cell phone is my only phone, and even though I want a smart phone...I still need it to be just that, a phone. Do people complain about the way you sound when you call? Do you have a hard time hearing or making calls, etc?

Advertisement
  2. Squirrel

Squirrel Well-Known Member

People used to complain that I sounded like I was mumbling on my old LG. My dad, who I talk to fairly often, noticed right away I got a new phone. He said I was much clearer. I put people on speakerphone pretty often as well and have had no complaints. One thing I noticed, is that my LG seemed to get slighly better reception in a few areas.

3. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Sounds fine.

4. MisterMcGoo

MisterMcGoo Well-Known Member

It sounds good. Better than my crappy Q. Speaker phone is good too. I was with you in the fact that I wanted my smart phone, to actually be a decent phone.

5. bugeyeblue

bugeyeblue Well-Known Member

Just as good as the BB Curve 8330 I had, which was the best call quality of any phone I ever had. I've had a slew of dumbphones and 4 different BB models. The Eris is exceptional on my end and on the receiving end.

6. Renegade21

Renegade21 Member

I think the quality is pretty good. I've made a few calls since I got the phone and I can hear the other person very clear and loud enough.

7. deathratlehead

deathratlehead Well-Known Member

Call quality is stellar, but for some reason the speaker phone is very low for me. I have it turned all the way up but people still sound kind of low when I talk to them. I have to turn the phone backwards so the speaker faces me to hear them well. It's strange because media and ringer volume sounds loud as hell...yet phone conversations are all kind of low.

8. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

I had trouble hearing people when I first got it but after the update things seem to be much louder and clearer.

9. tbaker

tbaker Well-Known Member

I hear a hiss when talking to people but its nothing that bad that will make me go nuts.

10. thelion

thelion Well-Known Member

I started with the Moto Droid and EVERYONE complained that I was breaking up or that I was staticy. I hated it. The Eris is eons better.