Call QualityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. s1njin

s1njin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm reading many posts about the call quality on the Incredible being less than expected.

What exactly are you guys experiencing? I'm on the fence between the iPhone and the Incredible, but I am leaning more towards the Incredible and Verizon. Wondering if my phone is going to drop regardless of how many bars I have is giving me tremendous pause w/ ATT - but now I'm reading about 'bad' call quality on the Verizon side of things ....

I'm going to end up in analysis paralysis.

Advertisement
  2. DROID_SCOTSMAN

DROID_SCOTSMAN Well-Known Member

I find it quite funny that people are complaining of the call quality. I understand with the current bug that some may getting dropped calls in low service areas where before other phones might have worked through those.. honestly though I haven't had one single dropped call, in our usual spot in the house where we have a dead signal is the only spot I have.. but this hopefully can be fixed with an update.

As far as quality of the call-- I love it!!! My wife and I both have incredibles and many times I thought she was sitting alone in a room only to find out she was driving or in a store. I couldn't hear any background noise nor could I pick up any hissing- my calls come through crystal clear. The signal coming from the phone might be weaker, but as I noted I have not had any dropped calls on any call I have taken and I find there is little to no background noise.

3. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Call quality on my Inc is the best of any cell/pda etc I have ever used. (sound, reception/dropped calls etc)

Honestly, I think you have to decide on a network before you worry about a phone.

Where I am, VZW stomps on AT&T. Your results may vary ;-)

4. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

the quality for me is a little less then my previous couple of phones (touch pro, vx 6900), but my roommate has an iphone and he cant even get reception in our house! at least i can make calls lol

5. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Call Quality on my incredible is Terrible! It's a problem indeed, maybe not with everyone on these forums. But it is a problem, this is about the 10th Thread about call quality.

6. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

It seems to be there are a couple different call quality issues. Some people seem to have volume problems.

Personally I've recently been suffering from the call cutting in and out rapidly.

7. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Is it a problem that merits looking into by HTC/VZW? Absolutely. Is it a buyer beware problem that over half the Inc. users are experiencing? I would say no. This is an example of the vocal few who are having problems and are letting the public hear them, I really don't think this is a wide spread pandemic.

8. jlb0305

jlb0305 Well-Known Member

old rule... help one person out they tell a few people... screw someone over they blast it everywhere...

I love the phone but i am in the crappy call quality group. I have dropped words/ sylabulls, static, muffling, etc. I also have echo of my own voice... I emailed HTC and plan on contacting verizon depending on how that goes. At least I have the Total Equipment Coverage to fall back on if I don't get a solution before my 30 days are up. My wife says she hasn't really noticed any of my issues on her Inc.

9. esn

esn Well-Known Member

All day today I had my Dinc and pearl flip side by side and the dbm's on the Dinc were anywhere from 5 to 13 different than the pearl was and the bars showed the same. But I have not dropped a call or had bad reception go figure! It is amazing these phones can't be released without issues.

10. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

Count me in the "vocal minority" of bad call quality. I switched to VZW hoping to improve my call quality, so I am disappointed.. It seems a lot of reviewers are in that vocal minority as well.

I would love to believe that a replacement would fix the problem, but a) they are backordered so I can't find out for sure and b) I am not sure I believe it. The reason i don't believe it is that calls to landlines sound fine. Calls to mobile users or people using speakerphones, on the other hand, is horrible. I think they are filtering the signal in a way that is bad..

11. curtisdr

curtisdr Well-Known Member

12. barrister89

barrister89 Well-Known Member

Don't know what you find so funny about it. I just received a call from one of my employees and I had trouble understanding her and had to ask her to repeat part of the conversation. Checked signal strenght and it is -54 DBm, so the Incs poor to mediocre call quality problem is not soley a signal strength issue.

13. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

In terms of signal and calls dropping, non-existent. As for the low volumes within calls? Yes, I'm having that issue.

14. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

I do have to agree with you on one thing - call quality suffers when taking with someone using speakerphone. I noticed this when I called my sister last week and she was on speakerphone. I couldn't understand a word she said. However, as soon as she switched off speaker phone, everything came through crystal clear.

Other than that. I haven't had any other problems.