• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Call Recorder

amallon

Lurker
Sep 14, 2013
I was using using ACR to record my calls but this has stopped working since the kitkat update. When I try to play calls back I get an annoying feedback noise. I've tried a load of other call recorders but they all have the same problem.

Can anyone recommend one that works with the kitkat version of the note 3.

I was using using ACR to record my calls but this has stopped working since the kitkat update. When I try to play calls back I get an annoying feedback noise. I've tried a load of other call recorders but they all have the same problem.

I have tried all call recorders in Google play on my Galaxy fame s6810P.
They alle give the 'annoying feed back noise' you mention.

The Samsung helpdesk in the Netherlands told me that the call recorder function on all samsung devices has been disabled recently(2014) because of the laws in several countries who forbid recording calls without permission.

I doubt about these words but given your experiance they can be true

Call Samsung in your country for their comment and put their answer here

Upvote 0

I hate advising this cause it's no fun but after the update did you do a factory reset?
Many times resetting clears the bugs.

Upvote 0
What is that the bogus "shutter" and where do i find CameraMute?

The bogus shutter sound is the fake click sound the phone makes which is not a genuine shutter sound at all but generated in software and coming out of the loudspeaker. It's photographically pointless unless you want it for haptic reasons.

CameraMute: Camera Mute - xda-developers

It is alleged it is put there in the International Note 3 because of local Dutch legislation.

Upvote 0

Here is how to record your calls on the Note3

The app that beats all other apps I've tried is Total Recall. Get the free version to start with. When you are through with this, you will probably gleefully pay up the $9.95 for the pro version.

Next you need to root your phone.
- On your main copmuter, goto oneclickroot dot com, wait for the chat window to pop up, and tell them that you want them to root it for you (the Note3 is albeit trickier).
- After paying $29.95 (not the $19.95), you will be asked to download and install TeamViewer, a free screen connect program at teamviewer dot com.
- Then, oneclickroot will ask you for Teamviewer connect ID and password (changes every session).
- Then your screen will get weird (scary) as a guy in Pakistan takes over, as you watch your mouse cursur jump around and bring up a text editor for instant messaging, downloads some essential files, and instructs you to attach your phone via USB.
- He instructs you to turn on - settings/general/DeveloperOptions/USB debugging
- He goes to work. Then instructs you how to reboot the phone.
- You are done. You now have administrative privileges on your phone's operating system, giving you the power to see and modify ALL files, you OWN the device.

Setup Total Recall to use root privilege
- bring up total Recall
- hit menu (left of physical button), select Recording/RootedCallRecording (third choice down).
- hit "install'.
- Prepare to be delighted when you hear both sides of conversation at equal volume!

Upvote 0
I use Total Recall on my Samsung Note 3 and it is clear as a bell and never has any background noise. It is a little expensive but it is well worth it because it is the only one that works with the Samsung Note 3, I think.
I haven't rooted my phone and it still records both sides of the conversation.

Nope, I use the one mentioned above on Note 3 with zero problems and I'm not rooted....best part, it's free.

Upvote 0
I'm running 4.3 rooted and I've used Galaxy Call Recorder for the last 6 months with no problems. The dev has put this on the Play Store:

"As this program is using Android Standard API the two-way recording will work only on some devices such as Samsung Note 3/2, Galaxy S4/3/2."

"WARNING: The app does not work on S4 and Note 3 with KitKat 4.4.2 if records are being stored on a SD card. It is highly recommended for Note 3 users not to update to KitKat 4.4.2".

So it appears they might be trying to restrict call recording in KitKat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones