Call Recording on HTC Desire...?

Last Updated:

1. andyrubin

andyrubin Banned This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Natively? No.

However there are 3rd party apps that will allow you to record YOUR END of the conversation, i.e., what you are saying ONLY. I think for legal reasons you aren't allowed to record other people without notifying them first, hence why when you're on the phone to call centres you get that standard "Some calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.... blah blah blah."

EDIT -

I was talking out of my arse again. It turns out that in the UK, you are legally allowed to record both ends of a conversation WITHOUT the other party's knowledge providing it is only used for personal means, and not given or sold to a third party. For businesses it is different, hence the automated message.

The US differs from state to state though, in many both parties need to know the call is being recorded. More info here

3. andyrubin

andyrubin Banned This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I'm aware that the legality differs from place to place. However, it seems that the current call recording limitation on the majority of Android handsets are due to design/hardware/firmware issues rather than this.

That's why I'm trying to compile a list of such so potential buyers can check.

I also know Google Voice can do that but well, I don't live in the US.

:)

4. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

5. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Who stole the delete button.