Call rejection bug - status?Support

Last Updated:

1. glassfisk

glassfisk New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I got my i7500 just recently, and I'm totally new to Android. I can live with most of the bugs reported with this phone, however, I see that there is a bug which causes calls to be automatically rejected (http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/12651-call-rejection-hang-ups.html).

This is a show stopper for me - I am going abroad soon, and cannot risk bringing a phone which will not be able to answer incoming calls. So my question is: Did people ever get to the bottom of this problem? Is this still an issue with recent firware versions, or has it been fixed? I currently have 1.6/JB2 and have not seen the problem yet, although I haven't done much testing... (It is not an O2 unit, I got it through my Norwegian operator.)

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

I haven't had this problem for a long, long time. I'm on 1.6/JB2 myself, and I'm quite happy with it: apart from the occasional slowness and an infuriating habit to display 'unkown' in my recent calls list when the call was routed to a mailbox, and the fact that it isn't 2.1/2.2, I find it quite usable ;)

Oh, and if this wasn't clear: I used to have the hangups/rejections myself quite often in the beginning.

3. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Same here, much more reliable with JB2/JC6. I have still noticed a couple of dropped calls, but it might have been a coincidence. But it's not like it was earlier in the year were just about every call failed.

4. CNR

CNR Member

Well, I have had my phone on service at Samsung Germany, and I have gotten word that the phone has been returned to me although it might be lost in the mail, so only time will tell. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress when and if it returns.