• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

call screen goes dark

mike295

Jan 11, 2010
I just got the phone the other day. I have had the eris. I had a big problem with in call the screen goes out and i can not end the call. The screen wont turn on either when i open the slider takes a good minute and half till the screen becomes "awake". Is there a fix for this?

I just got the phone the other day. I have had the eris. I had a big problem with in call the screen goes out and i can not end the call. The screen wont turn on either when i open the slider takes a good minute and half till the screen becomes "awake". Is there a fix for this?

Do you have any screen protectors on?

Upvote 0
download the app screen on and go into the app and check the dialer this way the phone wont go to sleep while your on a call, Cheek / chin dialing is the reason for the screen going black ,its not a defect !

My phone was defective. As soon as I would make/receive a call when I was outside it would immediately go black. The lady at Verizon compared her Droid to mine. Hers displayed the call information whereas mine did not. This has nothing to do with the proximity sensor. When this happened the only way to hang up would be to either go indoors or take out the battery.

Upvote 0
My phone was defective. As soon as I would make/receive a call when I was outside it would immediately go black. The lady at Verizon compared her Droid to mine. Hers displayed the call information whereas mine did not. This has nothing to do with the proximity sensor. When this happened the only way to hang up would be to either go indoors or take out the battery.

I think thats what was happening to mine. It was when i was out side. What is the app about not having the phone sleep while using it as a phone? Ohh andno screen protector

Upvote 0
I have exchanged my phone 5 times because of this issue! I hadn't realized that it might only happen when I'm outside.

I am sick of this problem and it is interfering with my work because I can't retrieve voice mail messages when the screen goes dark.

I was thinking about throwing it out the window and getting the Incredible but don't know if that phone has a lot of problems too.

Maybe they will get a fix for it soon. It's a huge problem.:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones