Call Screening Google VoiceSupport

Last Updated:

1. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just started using Google Voice last week and am in the process of dumping my BB Curve on my business line and using my GV number for work and having just one phone with multiple mail boxes (pretty exciting for me ) but in the demo videos I've seen they have the option to merge calls and also and this is a big one screen calls. I only get the stock screen on my DI when it comes in.
    Anyone know how to use these features

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Go to google.com/voice go to settings> voice settings> calls> click on call screening> save changes.

When someone calls it asks them to say their name. If you want the call you press 1 if you want to send them to voice mail and listen in you press 2 (I think, not sure but it tells you). Once in voice mail you can listen in and join in if necessary (or desired).

ChiTownJim likes this.
  3. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That setting is there but still doesn't work. I don't get anykind of options . I wonder if this is because the HTC dialer and call screen comes on instead of the Android one?

4. regiyoung151

regiyoung151 New Member

I'm trying to set this up too. Is this function only for making calls while in gmail or does it work on the DroidX. I don't get these options when I'm in google voice. I go to Go to settings> voice settings, then the only options are voicemail, groups, voicemail widgests, billing, and account.

Can anyone help?? this is driving me NUTS

5. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I think it only works if the person is calling your Google voice number, not your regular Verizon number. Also, a lot of this needs to be setup through your Google voice account on the Internet using your computer.