1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Call sounds like auto-tuneSupport

1. shiznit123

shiznit123 New Member

So I just got two new HTC One Vs from VirginMobile's cyber Monday deal and everything works great except the quality of the sound when I am making a call or checking voice mail.

It sounds like the audio is being digitally modified (think auto-tune). Its annoying and difficult to understand most of the time because everyone sounds like a broken up robot. The sound is bad through the earpiece, the speaker phone, as well as through headphones plugged into the speaker jack.

I plan on calling VM technical support and possibly returning the phones, but I'm not certain if its the phones or VM network. Any clues?

Advertisement
    :
  2. lefecious

lefecious Member

I'm not an expert, but I've had 2 other phones and my wife has had 3 other phones on the virgin mobile network (which is really sprint). And we never had an auto tune problem, the sound was fine. So either it's your phones or maybe it's the network only in your area.

You could always sing into the phone and become a pop star. That's all it took Rihanna.
    Zombie591 likes this.
  3. prepaiduser

prepaiduser Active Member

open your phone, go to options, settings, then uncheck Voice Privacy. VP compresses your voice calls for added security but leads to lower quality sound. turning it off will lead to improved sound (but it will only be as good as the phone).
  4. Zombie591

Zombie591 Well-Known Member

Mine has always been fine. Probably the phone. Have a few friends with same phone. This is the first time I've heard of this. Also, love that comment 2 above mine xD
  5. Rangrace

Rangrace New Member

I also have this issue on an LG Optimus Elite. It suddenly sounds like everyone's on auto-tune, and you can barely understand what they are saying. A lot of other people are apparently also having this problem: Click Here, for example. If I can't find an easy, effective solution, I'll probably switch to another network.