Call/text apps keep crashing/lagging repeatedlySupport

1. j0shd0gge

j0shd0gge New Member

I've had this phone over a year and it's always had random issues off and on but for the past couple of weeks it's been virtually unusable. Every time I go into contacts it tells me that "Activity Contacts (in application Contacts) is not responding." It tells me the exact same thing when I go into text messaging. In the event I can actually attempt a text it goes extremely slow and keeps prompting me to force close or wait. 9 times out of 10 I get so frustrated with texting that I can't actually use it. The only way I can make a call is if I go into call logs and there happens to be a recent call with the person I want to call.

What in the world can I do to fix this? I've updated it, cleared out memory, forced apps closed, etc. Please help because as of now this is really just a way to get on the internet and is not a phone in any regard.

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Have you tried clearing the cache and data of contacts and contacts storage via the apps menu?

I'd back up your contacts to a CSV file or your Google account first before trying it.