• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

call/text block

So I was reading the wired magazine review of the Mercury and I have 2 questions

1) it said that by the end of the month Huawei will do an update to upgrade the Mercury to android 4.0 (ICS) but on cricketusers I saw a post by an employee saying this would not happen for the Mercury. Anyone know if this will or will not happen?

2) It said in the review that the Mercury has a security app or feature that will block calls and/or texts from contacts. Anyone know how 2 do this?

3) If I were to change to a modded ROM, would I loose my factory warranty on the phone?

Thank you in advance for your help with these questions

Review: Huawei Mercury Prepaid Android Smartphone for Cricket
That was an odd review. It seems like he tested the Honor, because he said it was GSM and Cricket is CDMA. I haven't done the Muve update, so maybe there are some features I don't know about, but mine doesn't have the keyboard he described and I haven't seen the privacy app either. I doubt Cricket will get the 4.0 update, but it's all speculation at this point. I doubt the Cricket employees know any more than we do. Rooting and changing ROMs will technically void your warranty, but they probably won't know the difference.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones